The second edition of UL Furniture Industry Summit 2020 will address current issues from different points of view and will provide the latest standard and regulation updates, current issues and trends for the office furniture sector.
In particular: post covid-19 workplace, indoor air quality and sustainability in furniture products.
The live digital event will take place on 14 and 15 October 2020 from 3.30pm to 6pm (Central Europe time) and from 8.30 am to 11.00 am (Central US time).
Register here to participate (free of charge).
The second annual UL Furniture Industry Summit will gather industry experts and keynote speakers to share and discuss the latest updates on international standards and regulations, as well as best practices.
Presentations will address current issues, trends and insights for the office furniture industry from a variety of angles.
- UL 2999 — the new UL Standard for Safety Individual Commercial and Household Office Furnishings
- Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association (BIFMA) standard and compliant program updates
- European Standards (EN) 1335-1: 2020 — Office furniture. Office work chair. Dimensions. Determination of dimension
- European Conformity (CE) mark — International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 60335-2-116 motor-operated furnishings standard
- Standard harmonization
- Flame retardants/hazardous chemicals
- Post-pandemic workplaces/indoor air quality
- Sustainability in furniture productsTogether with solutions to adapt safety to evolving working environments.