Since last April, around one hundred Sedus employees have been working in the same environment, although they carry out different disciplines: product management, design and product development, purchasing, internal sales and exports, facility management, quality and production management, engineering, marketing, advertising and executive board.
A true turning point coherent with the smart office approach and implemented thanks to the We Move co-design project.
Sedus, always a promoter of innovative work styles, has created this fascinating workplace with and for its employees that actually applies the Smart Office theories and also acts as a testing ground for innovation in the workplace and a cutting-edge showcase for office design.
The new building demonstrates how Smart Office can offer an engaging experience for people and encourage interdisciplinary teamwork.
The preparatory co-design phase “We Move” made the employees fully aware of the project and immediately involved them in the new space.
They are really happy to feel the company move to new ways of working, including the 40 employees from the site in nearby Waldshut, now fully integrated with the rest of the team at Dogern headquarters.
During the inauguration the employees were welcomed to the new location by the board members who supported its construction, Holger Jahnke, Daniel Kittner and Carl-Heinz Osten.
The contribution of Ernst Holzapfel, head of marketing, was fundamental because led the design reflecting the concepts of Smart Office in the reality of Sedus.
“It is based on an open space concept that can adapt and flex as the workforce grows. It uniquely balances openness with privacy, incorporates a choice of both permanent and shared work spaces and is located in a breath-taking landscape” explains Ernst Holzapfel and lists other prerogatives that make this environment an excellent case study.
Sedus Smart Office features:
- It offers an intelligent human centered working environment, in which everybody is empowered to move around freely to find the right space for their need to work in the best way.
- It facilitates the four key elements of working life; communication, cooperation, concentration and contemplation.
- It is designed according to the principles of the Sedus colour concept, which works in the context of the interior design of each space to create a harmonious whole while maintaining the unique identity and functionality of each space.
- It makes the best possible use of natural light, supporting it with artificial light only when needed to provide the right levels of light and colour temperature in harmony with the time of day and the seasons. Every work space is perfectly illuminated at all times.
- It incorporates a range of acoustic solutions that ensure the openness of the space does not create a sub-optimal acoustic experience for people working in it; including seven office pods Cubes with a range of equipment to provide space for concentrated work and confidential meetings.
- It integrates state-of-the-art technology and media including videoconferencing spaces, smart boards and other tech that enables ideas and information to be shared digitally. The space makes full use of the se:connects room and workstation booking system.